38 Business Parade South now occupied by FedEx, was originally built for Schneider Electric. The facility is a highly successful development that was recognised with an Excellence Award from the Property Council of New Zealand.
Schneider Electric wanted to showcase the range of technology innovations it offers to the energy sector and enhance its brand in the market place.
To create an eco-friendly and economical building that incorporates a range of energy efficient and ESD features. Open and transparent to visitors, the building showcases technology, while the layout facilitates communication and team interaction.
Designed from the ground up to deliver world leading energy efficiencies. A new head office facility of 1,900 sqm spread over two levels. An attached warehouse of 3,629 sqm plus canopy, loading yard and car parking.
- Low-E glass shades in summer and solar heats in winter
- North facing to maximise natural light and solar gain
- Shades and blinds automated to control glare
- Integrated building management system designed to optimise energy usage
- Daylight harvesting - C-bus control system monitors and controls lighting levels based on occupancy and natural light
- Air quality - variable refrigerant volume moderates temperature through building. Evaluates air and injects O2
Winner of the Property Council of New Zealand 2010 Industrial Award and an energy efficient building. Many of these technology innovations have withstood the test of time, and even today this building has admirable sustainable features.